After 8+ months in Nkhoma Mission, these are some of the largest donations YOU have made through-us to-others:
- $4,000 to Alinafe (“God-with-us”) Communities of Hope that serves the spiritual, physical and communal needs of 1700 elderly and disabled in and around Nkhoma (emergency food and start-up money for 250 egg-laying chickens that will produce both eggs to give clients and formerly non-existent revenue that will support the ministries of Alinafe for years to come
- $3,000 to Chisomo (“Grace”), a mission org that trains and supports 13 disabled individuals to sew various merchandise; last month, we donated 13 new manual (most of their homes do not have electric) for them to increase their income by sewing and selling additional merchandise from their homes on weekends
- $2,600 towards the costs of the Bike Malawi bicycle trip in support of the missional needs of the Northern Livingstonia Church Synod (hospitals), the Central Nkhoma Church Synod (Seminary Hostel Building that will provide a direly necessary revenue source), and the Southern Blantyre Church Synod (Cyclone Freddy Relief)
- $1,750 to deserving University and Seminary students in support of tuition and nutrition
- $1,750 to the Seminary at which I was a guest lecturer (books for the library, underwriting the Food Bank for students and their families without adequate nutritional resources, staff support
- $1,500 to the Ministry & Mission of Nkhoma Synod, renovating an apartment in the Guest House that will produce revenue for the Synod of years to come
- $1,500 Giving to the needs of Malawians whose stories of suffering you have helped us give food and home assistance
- $,1,000 Blantyre Synod Cyclone Freddy Relief
- $1,000 Livingstonia Synod Hospital Rite Aid
- $1,000 Church donations
- $800 to Frank’s Carpentry that trains and provides a future trade, building furniture, to young adult village men
- $650 to a general gardener making a subsistence living, purchasing for him a used motorcycle with which he can have his own business (transportation of products and people) and increase his opportunities to earn and provide more for his family
- We will be giving additional donations to people and service organizations before we depart Malawi on Oct. 9
LAST CALL: Friends and Followers of our Journey of Volunteer Service in Malawi who may not yet have donated, we will be continuing to tell the story of the People of Malawi, and their need for aid, after we return to PA later in October, hoping to raise additional funds for mission organizations here in Malawi. For those who have not yet donated but have been moved by the needs of, and inspired by the donations that have enabled us to give at least $20,000 to, people and service organizations within Malawi, it is not too late! Please go to montsmalawimission.org to donate by check or credit card.
THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOUR PRAYER AND FINANCIAL SUPPORT ALLOWED US TO DO!